The tests that were performed during the course of the project development were:
- Unit testing of each software module developed.
- Control of robot: Initial test involved sending commands from a PC to check if the robot behaves as expected. Next, we tested the control of the robot from the Android application.
- Resource utilization tests:
- Battery usage test against theoretical calculations based on the speci cations.
- Memory usage tests
- Ping Accuracy test
MEMORY USAGE ON ANDROID:
The total heap memory used by the android application is about 2.88MB which is about 48% of the total memory. The memory allocated is mainly to transmit the data from the android application to the robot.
PING ACCURACY ANALYSIS:
To test the accuracy of the ping sensor we used an obstacle of dimensions 30cm * 20 cm. The obstacle was placed at different distances from the ping sensors and the output values were noted. The table below gives values obtained during the test. It is clear from the observed values that the accuracy of ping sensor reduces for very large distances
|Actual Distance(cm)||Ping Value(cm)|
BATTERY LIFE ANALYSIS:
Battery Used: 9V Duracell batteries (2 No).
Two 9V batteries were used along with another Duracell 5V source which powered the Beagle bone.
Tests were conducted to check the life of the 9V battery sources.
The current ratings of the various peripherals are :
- Wi Adapter 500 mA(max)
- Webcam 150mA (Operating)
- Arduino 40 -50 mA (Assumed)
- Motors 200 mA
- Ping Sensor 20 mA